Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Here's Your Sign

This is a sign I made. It's 20 by 30 on foam core. I put up this sign at Bellmont Park and now I no longer work there. I was averaging about 20 bucks a day. I thought I would make more money and get to draw more if I put up this sign instead of our prices sign. Well, it worked like a charm. I was drawing non-stop, and got customers before the sign was even finished. In a four hour span I made approximately as much as my best day at Bellmont which was a six hour span. So there you have it. I knew there may be some ramifications, but I was doing it on the level and everything. The thing is, at Bellmont we got set prices, BUT, first of all we can wheel and deal, and second of all its all on the honor system. My plan, which I did follow through with was to give the park their 30 percent cut of all the tips I brought in and give my boss lady her 20 percent cut. Also I sold 5 tubes legitimately so the appropriate percents were separated out accordingly as usual. I got canned though, went out with a bang, did some drawings, invoked laughter and happiness.
So then I made one more sign, which is the bottom sign which I will call "familia excelente." Me and my friends, Marcus and Eric went to Balboa Park and sat there with our signs and we each walked out with approximately 40 bucks in a span of four hours. How do you like that?! First time out there, and it was a Monday; 4o bucks. It was so much fun. I'm sure we'll do it again soon.

2 comments:

Tooninator said...

dude. You should be charging $40/b+w drawing with the chops you have. Good on you for doing what needed to be done.

justfrancesca said...

That's so awesome! Wish I could have been there...